Please make sure these things are completed or, at least, you are aware of before you come from another country to attend Lakeland College.
1. Complete and submit your transcript for evaluation by the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS).
2. Complete and submit--with the $75 CAD application fee--an application form. Apply online, or print and mail/fax this pdf found on the page. We accept cheques, money orders or credit card (VISA or MasterCard with expiry date)
3. After sending us all of the necessary documents, you will receive a decision letter.
4. Visit your nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate to secure student authorization (see link below).
5. Send us your airport pick-up information arrival time.
6. Pay your tuition in full before the first day of classes.
|International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS).|
If you are from outside Canada or the United States, and plan to come to Lakeland College, one of your steps is having your education evaluated. The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) provides a fair and equitable evaluation of your education and then issues a certificate of comparison to educational standards here.
There is a fee for this service. Learn more about applying for the International Qualifications Assessment Service.
|An enrolment specialist at Lakeland College will assist you in opening a bank account in Canada. It is recommended that you bring your money in travelers cheques or a bank draft (not cash). We take all international students to a Canadian bank to open an account within their first week at Lakeland College|
Departing from Asia or Europe: All flights may first arrive at Vancouver International Airport (Asia) or Toronto International Airport (Europe). Be sure you have enough time to clear immigration before connecting to Edmonton. Edmonton will be your pick up point . There's another 2 ½ to 3 hours, by vehicle, to your campus of choice.
Departing from Mexico or South America: Most flights will pass through the United States. Be sure you have the proper documentation to do so. You will clear immigration at the Edmonton International Airport.
Your Lakeland College fees include mandatory Guardme health care coverage. The health care amount for 2014-2015 is $550 for September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2015, so you are covered on your term off as well. For more details about what is covered, please go to www.guard.me
Methods of payment available for your application fee, deposits and tuition may be made by:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding this type of payment
|Student Authorizations and Study Permits|
At this time students wishing to study 6 months or more in Canada must secure a Student Authorization before their departure to Canada. To do this you must visit a Canadian Visa Application Centre
You can learn more about studying in Canada by visiting Citizenship and Immigration Canada.