A majority of our faculty positions are based at our campuses in Vermilion, Alberta and Lloydminster, Alberta/Saskatchewan.
We also have faculty who teach online courses from other locations.
Our faculty is supported by its own association with an on-campus office in Vermilion. Learn more about Lakeland's faculty association.
Applying for a JobPlease quote the competition number in your cover letter, and send current resume with the names of three references to Human Resources via mail, email or fax.
Mailing address: Lakeland College
5707 College Drive
Vermilion, AB T9X 1K5
Email address:(MS Word or .pdf format only)
Fax to: 780 853 8702
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Instructor, Environmental Sciences Competition No: 17-2604-003 WB|
This is a continuing full-time faculty appointment at the Vermilion campus, commencing as soon as possible.
We offer a competitive salary as well as a generous benefit package and pension plan.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by March 31, 2017.
|Instructor, Agricultural Sciences (Crop Technology) Competition No: 17-2507-001WB|
We are looking to hire an energetic, highly motivated instructor with a strong background in crop production and agronomy to teach in our Crop Technology program.
• Instructing and engaging students in the disciplines of agronomy, field crop production and management, and weed, insects and diseases of field crops
• Facilitating labs on our college land and in lab setting, that support course material and learning outcomes
• Guiding and mentoring the Student Managed Farm Crops Team on crop production practices for the College Farm
• Preparation of class and lab activities and material, marking of assignments and exams
• Support a highly functioning energetic team; participate and support department and school activities such as program team
meetings, department meetings, student and college events
• Expertise in weeds, insects/diseases of field crops, crop fertility management, basic plant science, crop production practices of major/minor crops grown in Western Canada
• Passion and commitment to quality instruction and hands-on training
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture in a related field
• Industry or farming related experience would be an asset
Keys to your success:
• Ability to work both in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
• Post-secondary teaching experience
This is a Continuing Full-time Faculty appointment commencing as soon as possible. Lakeland College offers an attractive
remuneration & benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.