Faculty & other academic jobs
We also have faculty who teach online courses from other locations.
Our faculty is supported by its own association with an on-campus office in Vermilion. Learn more about Lakeland's faculty association.
Applying for a Job
- quote the competition number
- send your current résumé
- include the names and contact information of 3 references
- mailing address: Lakeland College 5707 College Drive Vermilion AB T9X 1K5
- email firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word or .pdf format only)
- fax to: 780 853 8702
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. You'll only be contacted if selected for an interview.
|Instructor, Truck Driver Training Competition No: 19-2429-001WB|
The School of Trades & Technology is seeking an “in cab” driver training instructor to teach Class 1/1A/3/3A.
• valid class 1
• airbrake operator’s license, Saskatchewan preferred
• instructor class 1 certifi cation
• criminal record check
This is an Employment Contract commencing as soon as possible with hours varying weekly up to a maximum
of 40 hrs/week ending June 30, 2019. A criminal record check and clean driving abstract is required.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For further information, please contact Andre Fougere at 780 871 3384.
|Short Term Contract Instructors, Environmental Sciences Competition No: 19-2608-001WB|
Lakeland College’s School of Environmental Sciences is looking for motivated and enthusiastic continuing education instructors to share their knowledge and expertise with our students.
If this interests you, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and specify from the list below what courses you may be interested in teaching:
• ATV/UTV Rider Safety
• Snowmobile Safety - Student level
• Bear Awareness and Safety
• Chainsaw Safety
• Wetland Classification
• Peatlands and Forestlands
• Weed Identification
• Plant Identification
• Introductory Soil Science
• Soil Classification
• Electro Fishing
• Spill Responder
• Alberta Wellsite Criteria
• Contaminated Site Management
• Remediation and Environmental Site Assessment
• Ground Disturbance
Have any other skills we might be interested in? Please contact us!
These are short-term Employment Contracts at the Vermilion campus. The employment dates will be determined after discussion with the successful candidate and consideration to student’s demand for the course.
For further information please contact Kathleen Couturier at email@example.com
|Instructor, Financial Accounting Competition No: 19-2433-001WB|
• Industrial and/or instructional expertise in the area of Financial Accounting. This course provides field supervisors and managers with the fundamentals needed to understand the principles that guide a company in its financial dealings and how data is collected and analyzed to facilitate this process. Emphasis is placed on the application of financial accounting principles and procedures within the oil and gas operations.
• Instructional responsibilities include classroom instruction, preparation and marking
• A Bachelor’s degree in a closely related discipline is considered essential
• Teaching and industry experience closely related to the above subject area
This is a Sessional Part-time Faculty appointment being held in Calgary AB, commencing April 23, 2019 and ending April 24, 2019.
The competition will remain open until February 22, 2019.
|Instructor, Human Services Competition No: 19-2212-001WB|
• Curriculum development
• Placement/supervision of students on practicum
• Evaluation of assignments, projects, and exams
• Skills in online learning management system
• Departmental meetings and duties
• Face-to-face and online instruction to student in Child and Youth Care Diploma program
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Child and Youth Care
• Master’s degree preferred
• Previous teaching experience in post-secondary and involvement in human services would be an asset
This is a Sessional Full-time appointment at the Vermilion campus, commencing August 15, 2019. Lakeland College offers an attractive remuneration & benefit package. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Shortlisting will begin March 8, 2019.