Executive Job Opportunities
Any job openings will be listed in the drop downs below.
Applying for a Job
- quote the competition number
- send your current résumé
- include the names and contact information of 3 references
- mailing address: Lakeland College 5707 College Drive Vermilion AB T9X 1K5
- email firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word or .pdf format only)
- fax to: 780 853 8702
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. You'll only be contacted if selected for an interview.
|Director, Information Technology Competition No: 19-3100-001WB|
Established in 1913, Lakeland College is the 3rd oldest post-secondary institution in Alberta. A Comprehensive Community College (CCC), Lakeland College is responsible for stewardship of adult learning opportunities within its defined geographical region of northeastern Alberta. Lakeland College plays a strategic role in the region and the province’s economic growth by providing relevant programming as well as applied research and maximizing learner access to programs and courses.
Lakeland College believes in developing people!
It’s something we excel at because of our exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. We are currently looking for a valued member to join our team in the position of:
DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Competition No: 19-3100-001
The Director, Information Technology provides strategic and collaborative leadership to the planning and delivery of IT functions. The director is a key leadership role within Lakeland playing an essential role in linking college strategy and needs to the activities of the IT Department. This role acts as the strategic liaison for the department with all other areas of the College, for effective integration of technology and systems in a highly experiential learning model.
• Create long-term strategic plans for an integrated, reliable, secure system to support teaching, learning, research and administrative services for both the Vermilion and Lloydminster Campuses
• Implementation, support and development of College Business Software applications
• Develop, create and improve information and technology controls
• Ensure policies, procedures, controls and standards are established and maintained
• Negotiate software contracts
• Develop, maintain and optimize key areas such as network design and operations, server design and operations,
security, storage management, corporate telecommunications systems, service desk support and systems and
• Sustain and promote a team environment
• Post-secondary degree in computer science systems or related discipline, Masters preferred
• At least 10 years of progressively responsible management experience
• Demonstrated experience in strategic decision making
• Proven ability of developing and maintaining relationships (internal & external), and managing budgets and staffing
• High level of general technical expertise
• Excellent track record of managing, leading and mentoring a team
• Organizational and Communication skills
• Experience working in a post-secondary environment is an asset
This is a Full-time Continuing Administrative position commencing as soon as possible.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits. Further details will be discussed at the interview.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
This competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Shortlisting will begin March 4, 2019.
For further information please contact Georgina Altman at email@example.com
|Director, Advancement Competition No: 19-5200-001WB|
Lakeland College is seeking a proven and collaborative leader to be our Director, Advancement to lead our comprehensive fund development and alumni relations portfolios. These portfolios include fundraising, alumni relations, scholarships and awards management, community engagement, student employment and event services.
• Reporting to the Vice President, External Relations & Infrastructure, the Director will provide strategic and operational leadership to a team of 10 members
• Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, Campaign Cabinet and Volunteers, and the Alumni Association to direct engagement, build annual major & principal giving strategies and continue the success of Leading. Learning. The Lakeland Campaign
• Maintaining a personal portfolio of principal & major gift donors and supporting a professional fundraising team
• Bachelors Degree and at least 10 years’ of related experience
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation and experience with Raisers Edge or other robust donor management system would be preferred
This is a Full-time Continuing Administrative position at the Vermilion or Lloydminster campus, commencing immediately. The current salary range is $92,145 - $116,121 per annum. Lakeland College offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Competition will remain open until April 4, 2019, however, the competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org