Actively learn how to be an essential member in a veterinary health care team.
Lakeland College offers you 2 ways to earn our nationally accredited AHT diploma: on campus and online.
- academic and course requirements are the same
- vet and vet tech instructors.
- new courses – Student-Led Clinic 1&2
Your on campus experience includes both small and large animals--from SPCA dogs and cats to the college’s sheep, cattle and horses.
You’ll put what you learn to work at our new animal health clinic. Some examples are:
- use your knowledge of anatomy to take a diagnostic radiograph
- learn clinical lab procedures on blood and urine that you have collected.
- place a catheter and monitor anesthesia in surgery
- meet with real clients to talk about their pet’s health and nutrition.
For the 3-year online AHT program
, your hands-on experience is where you work. Requirements include:
- a signed agreement with your employer
- work at vet clinic at least 20 hours weekly
- have a workplace mentor(s).