What is a Co-op Internship?The Lakeland College co-op internship is an optional 16-week paid work experience for business administration diploma students.
The placement takes place between year 1 and 2 of the diploma program, giving you an opportunity to gain experience in your chosen career path.
It is supervised and evaluated by Lakeland's co-op coordinator and the employer.
Lakeland is one of only a few colleges in Alberta that offers co-op internships.
Why participate in a co-op?A co-op internship provides many benefits including:
- exposure to different career paths
- relevant work experience for resume building
- making industry contacts
- potential employment opportunities
- applying classroom theory in a business setting
- gain vital soft skills (communication, team work, and interpersonal skills)
What to do nextLearn about how to apply for the coop program to find out more about the application process.
Note: The co-op internship course is not available to international students.