Accounting Major - Further Study
+1 year for a double majorStay at Lakeland for another year and earn a double major. Not all combinations are possible. Talk to the academic advisor about your options.
On-campus bachelor degree optionsStay at the Lloydminster campus and turn your diploma into a degree. Our agreement with Athabasca University allows you to enrol in one of 3 degree programs:
- Bachelor of Commerce--accounting is one of 4 majors
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Bachelor of Management - 3 or 4 yr
Block Transfer OptionsLakeland has direct transfer agreements. This means your courses credits will transfer directly to those institutions. See currently available block transfer paths in the chart below.
University of Saskatchewan
|Bachelor of Commerce|
| Bachelor of Business Administration
- Earn a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) accounting designation. Check the CPA website for how to become a CPA.
- Your diploma credits open doors to many other colleges, polytechics and universities. You could transfer somewhere else in Alberta, Western Canada or anywhere in Canada. If we don’t have an official block transfer agreement, you still may be able to transfer credits to complete a business degree.
- We are a member of Alberta's transfer credit system. Visit the Alberta Transfer Guide (ACAT) website to learn more. Check your Lakeland credits with another program.
- If you are looking at an institution outside of Alberta, you'll need to check either directly with the institution or a provincial organization. Check out our transfer guide page for links.
- Are a current Lakeland College student considering further study, meet with your academic advisor Jennifer Germann. Make an appointment by contacting Cassandra at 780 871 5424.
- Are a prospective student, our enrolment specialist can help get you started.