The Steam Lab is approved by the Alberta Boiler Safety (ABSA) and Technical Safety Association of Saskatchewan (TSASK) as meeting the firing time requirement and practical experience to write the Alberta or Saskatchewan Power Engineering 4th Class Part B examination.
About the course
This course is a combination of hands on training as well as submitted assignments to be completed on site during lab hours. This is 5 week - 5 days per week- 8 hours per day - for a total of 200 hours of accredited steam time.
The course is a pass/fail basis. You must complete all of the following:
- 200 hours in the Lakeland College steam lab
- A positive evaluation report from the Lakeland College acting steam chief
- A report/essay which details acquired skills and knowledge, safety practices observed, listing of equipment and/or processes operated, pressures, temperatures, capacities, duties and other activities pertinent to the steam lab
- A schematic and straight line drawing of relevant system(s) chosen by the instructor
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
- CSA approved hard hat
- CSA approved safety glasses with side shields
- Long sleeve cotton shirt and pants or CSA fire retardant coveralls
- CSA steel toed boots
- Leather work gloves
- 2" binder
- Loose leaf paper
Make up hours will be charged based on $200/hr at a cost of $1,000/day up to 36 hours total. If a student missed more than 36 hours total the student will receive a fall on the course.
Where do I stay while taking Steam Lab?
Student residence rooms are available at the Lloydminster Campus.
For more information please contact Michelle Gaboury at 780 871 5414 or firstname.lastname@example.org
QTRA 231 Section #1
QTRA 231 Section #2
QTRA 231 Section #3
QTRA 231 Section #4 (tentative)
Schedule & Tuition
|Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)|
|QTRA 231 Section #1||May 29 - Jun 30, 2017||M - F||7 am - 3 pm||$5,500 (No GST)||200|
|QTRA 231 Section #2||May 29 - Jun 30, 2017||M - F||3 pm - 11 pm||$5,500 (No GST)||200|
|QTRA 231 Section #3||Jul 3 - Aug 4, 2017||M - F||7 am - 3 pm||$5,500 (No GST)||200|
|QTRA 231 Section #4 (tentative)||Jul 3 - Aug 4, 2017||M - F||3 pm - 11 pm||$5,500 (No GST)||200|
Registration InformationTo register call direct 780 871 5712 or toll-free: 1 800 661 6490 ext 5712 or email email@example.com
- Registration is now open.
- Full payment is due upon registration.
- First come, first registered for course process. If the class is full, you will be held for the next available class.
- You will be asked to provide proof of completion a post-secondary power engineering course (minimum Part A).
- Lakeland College reserves the right to cancel if enrolment numbers are low.
You will be eligible for a full refund less a $500 administration fee if you withdraw 60 days before the course start date. If you withdraw up to 30 days before the start date, you will be eligible for a refund of $2,500. No refund thereafter.
For more information, please contact:
Direct: 780 871 5525
Toll-free: 1 800 661 6490 ext. 5525
Last updated on