Let your little stars shineDoes your family have a little star in the making? Did you know that most of Hollywood's biggest stars learned their craft in children's theatre productions. Or its just a great opportunity for children to dress up and perform. Its fun and boosts confidence!
Lakeland College offers your children the opportunity to try the theatre arts through both Musical Theatre and the Triple Threat program. Choose the age group and program for you.
- Musical theatre is for the younger crowd/
- In the theatre world a triple threat is someone who can sing, act and dance -- . In this class, students will learn basic singing techniques, choreography, improvisation, script work and scene analysis. Two age levels to choose from junior and senior.
- New this fall - learn more about performing on the stage with theatre & stage foundations.
- New next spring - Fill the gap after the production and before events such as music festivals by continuing your training.
Musical Theatre QDRA 114Designed for students aged 5 - 8 years of age, students will learn basic singing techniques, choreography and be introduced to preliminary acting techniques. Students will be introduced to methods of theatrical and musical performances.
Following the Christmas break, this age group will come work with the triple threats groups to rehearse and participate in a full length musical theatre production scheduled for Feb 9 - 11, 2017.
Triple Threat Junior QDRA 115The junior course is for ages 9 to 12. Students will learn singing techniques, choreography, improvisation, script work and scene analysis
Following the Christmas break, the junior and senior participants work together to prepare a full length musical theatre production. The production is scheduled for Feb 9 - 11, 2017.
Triple Threat Senior QDRA 116Designed for senior students, aged 13-17. Students will learn and or build on singing techniques, choreography, improvisation, script work and scene analysis.
Seniors and juniors work together after Christmas to prepare a full length musical theatre production. The production is scheduled for Feb 9 - 11, 2017.
Theatre & Stage FoundationsComing this fall... Let your dramatic side shine by exploring live theatre without music.
Theatre & Stage Foundations classes will grow your skills leading to a theatre performance of well-known stories.
Post Production ClassesComing this fall... Want to keep the fun going?
Sign up for our Post Production classes. You'll prepare new songs and musical theatre numbers for the Lloydminster & District Kiwanis Music Festival and other community events while continuing your music and theatre training.
Check out photos on flickrCheck out a collection of albums from our 2014, 2015 & 2016 productions on
More on our 2015 & 2016 performancesChildren in the Triple Threat Theatre for Kids perform in live theatre productions. Check out the Newcap TV report from the 2015 performance of Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jr and the recent Shrek Jr performance in 2016.
Instructor: Kathryn Edwards
Kathryn Edwards is a former student of the Lakeland College music department and completed her Bachelor of Music degree in vocal performance at the University of Regina. She also has extensive drama training, has taught drama and musical theatre classes and has directed full length musical productions. Many of Kathryn’s students have received awards, scholarships and provincial recommendations through the Kiwanis Lloydminster and District Music Festival, and have gone on to pursue music at post-secondary institutions.
Schedule & Tuition
|Musical Theatre QDRA 114||Sep 15 - Feb 11||TH||6 - 6:45 pm||$400||20|
|Triple Threat Junior QDRA 115||Sept 15 - Feb 11||TH||7-8:30 pm||$500||30|
|Triple Threat Senior QDRA 116||Sept 13-Feb 11||T||6:30-8:30 pm||$550||40|
|Theatre & Stage Foundations|
|Post Production Classes|
|Check out photos on flickr|
|More on our 2015 & 2016 performances|
|Instructor: Kathryn Edwards|
Registration InformationTo register, please click the register button at the top right of this page, or go directly to our continuing education online registration form.
- To speak to someone regarding our theatre programming, or for more information, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 780 871 5701.
- Your registration is not complete until it is paid in full. All payments for the Musical Theatre & Triple Threat programming are due with registration.
- Right of first refusal for camp times is provided to all returning students. Registrations for new students are date and time stamped. New registrations and students will be taken based on a first come and paid, first served basis.
- Please leave cell phones, iPhones, iPads, video games and all other electronic devices at home.
- Please review your class schedule. Additional rehearsal times will be booked closer to the production dates and may include some Saturdays. Lakeland College's Musical Theatre Production is scheduled for February 9, 10 & 11, 2017.
- There are no classes on the following breaks: Nov 7-11, 2016; Dec 20, 2016 - Jan 6, 2017; Feb 20-24, 2017 and April 14-21, 2017.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- 100% refund if you withdraw two full working days before you class starts.
- Refund of 50% of tuition if you withdraw before you complete 4 classes. There is no refund after the first four classes.
- You must notify Lakeland College if you withdraw from the course. Not coming to class isn't an official withdrawal from the course.
Last updated on