How the program works
If you are eligible, you will take an online pesticide applicator certificate course.
Your course is through the Lakeland College's pesticide certification office. This is the same office that manages the commercial pesticide applicator certification program.
After you pass the course, you take your certificate to your ag fieldman. The fieldman will supply you with an appropriate commercial class pesticides to apply to regulated weeds.
Taking the course
Contact Lakeland College's pesticide office to register for the certificate program.
- Start by going through the check list.
- Once you have all of your documents, call Lakeland College's pesticides office to register for the course. The toll-free number is on the check list page.
- Pay a $75 registration fee.
- After you register, you'll be emailed a a link to the course webpage. You'll also receive a username and password to access the online course.
About the course
- The course is broken down into chapters.
- You must pass each chapter quiz to go on to the next chapter.
- The pass mark is 80%.
- You have 3 chances to pass the quiz.
- If you have difficulty with the chapter quiz, make an appointment with your agricultural fieldman for help. Only after you've met with the fieldman, will you be able to try the quiz again.
- In the unlikely event you are unable to pass the quiz, and therefore the course, you will need to contact your ag fieldman for other weed control options.
- After you complete all the chapters, you will be given access to the certification exam. This exam covers the whole course. Pass mark is 70%.
- Once you've passed the exam, the online system will provide you with a Rural Acreage Owner Pesticide Certificate. Please print the certificate to show to your ag fieldman for the next part of the weed control project.
- You may print all the materials, except the quizzes.
- Keep a hard and electronic copy of the certificate for your records.