Pesticide Certification Program - Interprovincial Transfer
If you hold a recognized out-of-province certificate you may be issued an equivalent Alberta certificate. This is known as reciprocity. All reciprocity approvals are done through Lakeland College.
Before you receive the Alberta certification, based on your home province certification, you must write, at a minimum the Alberta Legislation exam (some exceptions may apply).
How to apply:
- Order the Core Reciprocity Lesson ($40) or full Authorized Assistant (Core Only manual) using the homestudy material order form.
- Complete the Pesticide Applicator reciprocity application form and mail to Lakeland College along with a copy of your current provincial certificate/exam transcript and application fee ($225). The 20 question applicator reciprocity exam is based on Alberta provincial legislation
- Schedule an exam by calling Lakeland College.
You also need
- to be employed by an Alberta registered pesticide service
- to work for yourself, apply for a service registration
- register with the Alberta Corporate Registry if your company is a corporation based outside of the boundaries of Alberta.
- Your certificate(s) expire on your birthday.
- Certificates are valid for approximately 5 years.
- Expiry dates will be no later than the original expiry date of the other provinces certificate.
We don’t accept the following from BC:
|Alberta recognizes whole class certificates (no restrictions or part categories) from Saskatchewan.|
|Alberta recognizes agriculture, industrial, landscape and aerial certificates from Manitoba.|
|Ontario & Quebec|
|If you are an applicator from Ontario or Quebec, you must write the full core exam to qualify for an Alberta certificate. When you pass the exam, you will receive a full certificate|
|New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island|
|For these certificates please call Alberta Environment to verify the certificate(s) you want to use for reciprocity.|
Lakeland College - Pesticides
5704 College Drive
Vermilion, AB T9X 1K4
1 866 853 8646 or direct in Vermilion at 780 853 8646