Admission Requirements for 2016
- Minimum age 18
- A high school diploma with a minimum of 50% in:
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 20-3
- One grade 12 science, Biology 30 is preferred
- Immediately after submitting an application, you are required to supply the following documentation to Lakeland College Admissions Office, 5707 College Drive, Vermilion AB T9X 1K5.
- Proof of an Alberta Class 5 or equivalent driver’s license and airbrake endorsement. If you have a graduated driver’s license (GDL), you may apply to the program, but you must have your unrestricted Class 5 license, with airbrake endorsement before registration day.
Fire SpecializationProof of Standard First Aid and CPR C certification (valid to February 2017), or EMR course*. EMR is not required for the fire specialization, though it is strongly recommended. Having it may allow more options for employment as well as the flexibility to reconsider the medical specialization (if space permits).
Medical SpecializationProof of Emergency Medical Responder* (EMR) registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) is required. Information on ACP approved programs, exam dates and registration can be found at www.collegeofparamedics.org.
|Immunization & Vaccinations:
||Immunization & Vaccinations:
|If you have any program questions, contact your enrolment specialist.|
- You must have computer skills including word processing, preparing spreadsheets and researching online.
- If you don't have the academic requirements you may qualify for special student status (entrance screening), however, fire departments may require you to have a high school diploma.
- a clear criminal record check will be required for your practicum placement
- a driver's abstract may also be required