Health & Wellness
Health Care Aide - Requirements
- 50% minimum in English 10-2 or GED or equivalent
Although Math 10-3 is no longer a requirement for this program, it is strongly recommended.
If you didn’t graduate from an Alberta high school, please refer to the English, math and science provincial subject equivalencies. If you don’t meet the admission requirements, please refer to admissions screening and testing .
Program Specific Requirements
- Standard First Aid, CPR - C
- WHMIS certificate
- Clear Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check (submitted no earlier than three months prior to the actual start date of the program)
- Measles/MMR--2 doses regardless of year born. Applicants must provide evidence of this immunization.
- Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis- dates of primary series and one dose over the age of 18, regardless of past immunization history
- Varicella--History of chicken pox disease. If no history, then a positive varicella titre
- Rubella--Date of Rubella vaccine or positive Rubella Titre
- Tuberculin Test--Annual One or Two step skin testing, unless known positive. Also known as Mantoux.
- Hepatitis B: Series of three doses must be started before registration
- Hepatitis B Titre: Done 1-6 months after the third dose of the Hepatitis B vaccine
- Polio--Dates of Primary Series
- Flu vaccine