Online Options - Tips for Online Success
If you are thinking about online learning with Lakeland College, there are some basics you should know:
- Access to a computer and high speed internet
- The right browser and browser support (see technical requirement drop down)
- All of our courses are taught in English
- You will need to commit about 4-6 hours per week per course
- If you don't have a high school diploma, you might not be able to transfer credit to another post-secondary institution.
If you decide you want to take a course, you have to apply to be accepted into the program. You may apply at any time. However courses are offered by term. If you apply between terms, you will have to wait until the next term starts. Once you are accepted, you register for courses. You need to register at least 2 weeks before the course start date. This gives us time to get you any resources such as text books that you might need for your course.
Check the drop downs below for more information on how you can be successful taking an online course.
|What We Expect|
|Tips for Success|
|Time management is a critical part of taking an online course. Because you don't have a scheduled time to be in a classroom, you often must schedule time to work on the course. Here are some helpful hints.
Most Lakeland College online courses will use Lakeland's learning management system, Desire2Learn.
You aren't limited to a particular type of computer or smart device. But, you do have to have particular browsers and other software.
Currently supported browsers are listed below.
Our Lakeland D2L team recommends you use