Further study options
After CertificateTake another year and earn a diploma. A diploma also opens doors to a number of degree options.
After DiplomaLakeland College has agreements with specific institutions to transfer credits from our programs to theirs. Graduates from the ELCC diploma program receive transfer credit to:
- Grant MacEwan University - Bachelor of Applied Human Services Administration
- Athabasca University - Bachelor of Professional Arts Human Services
- Mount Royal University - Bachelor of Child Studies
- University of Saskatchewan - Bachelor of Arts: Northern Studies major in Aboriginal Public Administration
- University of Victoria - Bachelor of Arts Child & Youth Care
- University of Alberta - Bachelor of Education Please note: The University of Alberta terminated its block transfer agreement effective August 2013 as the Elementary Education degree has undergone significant changes and no longer offers minors. However, you may still receive credit for some Lakeland courses.
This doesn’t mean these institutions are your only option. For more information, check out links to the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT) www.acat.gov.ab.ca.
If you want to transfer to another institution, you must ensure that you meet the admission requirements of that institution. However, meeting the requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted, especially in programs with quotas of other qualifying factors.