Child and Youth Care - Requirements
- 65% in English 30-1 or 80% in English 30-2.
Field Placement Requirements
- A criminal record check (with a vulnerable sector check) is required and you are responsible for requesting one through the RCMP in your hometown. The cost may vary. Based on the information received, students may be denied entrance into the program.
- Applicants must be in good health. Each applicant needs to be highly motivated, emotionally mature and stable. A high degree of tolerance and respect for the rights of others is required.
- You may be required to possess a current First Aid in Childcare Certificate and may also require a Child Intervention Records System (CIRS).
- In the second year of the program, you must be prepared to relocate to larger centres for your third and fourth field placements.
- Due to limited enrolment, admission may also be based upon academic standing.
For further information call 1 800 661 6490 ext. 8579 or in Vermilion 780 853 8579.