Early Learning & Child Care - Important Dates
- the face-to-face schedule - 1st drop down box
- the academic year - 2nd drop down box
- online schedule - 3rd drop down box
Online Students - Check application and registration dates
- You apply to the program. The deadline is approximately 2 months before courses start. Use the Apply Now button above to apply.
- You register for classes. You can't register for a course until you've been accepted in the program. The deadline to register is 2 weeks before the course starts.
Sept 3 – Labour Day
Sept 4 – Registration Day. Fees are due.
Sept 5 - Semester 1 classes begin
Sept 10 - Last day to add courses
Sept 24 - Last day to drop courses. Last day to withdraw from college with full refund.
Oct 8 - Thanksgiving Day. College closed.
Nov 5 - Last day to withdraw from Semester 1 courses with W grade or to change from credit to audit
Nov 11 - Remembrance Day. College is closed Nov 12 in lieu.
Nov 12-13 - Fall break for students
Nov 17 - Lakeland College's 105th anniversary
Dec 14 – Last day Semester 1
Dec 17 - Jan 6 - Christmas break for most programs.
Dec 22 - Jan 2 - College closed
Jan 7 – Semester 2 classes begin. Fees are due.
Jan 14 - Last day to add Semester 2 courses
Jan 28 - Last day to drop Semester 2 courses. Last day to withdraw from college with 100% refund of Semester 2 fees. Last day to withdraw from full year courses with a W grade or change from a credit to audit.
Feb 18 - Family Day. College closed.
Feb 16 - 24 - Reading Week. Spring Break for students in most programs*
March 19 - Last day to withdraw from Semester 2 courses with W grade or change from credit to audit.
April 19 - 22 - Easter. College closed for Good Friday through to Easter Monday inclusive.
April 26 - Last day of Semester 2 for most programs
May 31 - Lloydminster Campus Convocation
June 7 - Vermilion Campus Convocation
* Apprenticeship, online, HOOT, HOPE, EST, health care aide programs either don't have a spring break or it is scheduled at a different date. Please see the important dates page for each program.