Steam/Pipefitter Apprenticeship SuppliesAll required items are available at the Lakeland College bookstore and your department shop.
Apprentices are advised not to purchase tool list items until after meeting their program instructor in the first class. If you already own some of the items, bring them with you.
Classes start immediately after orientation, so be prepared to start your studies on orientation day. Bring binders, pens and pencils with you, or purchase them on registration day.
- One pair of clear safety glasses (compulsory) or prescription safety glasses complete with side shields
- Steel toed work boots
- Approved protective apparel
- One pair of gauntlet type welding gloves
- One pair of leather palm work gloves
- Welder’s beanie or hat
- Three 3-ring binders – 3”
- One lock
- An approved calculator (available in Bookstore)
- H, 2H, and 4H drafting pencils, white eraser
- 6" compass of good quality.