Welder Apprenticeship SuppliesAll required items are available at the Lakeland College bookstore and your department shop.
Apprentices are advised not to purchase tool list items until after meeting their program instructor in the first class. If you already own some of the items, bring them with you.
Classes start immediately after orientation - so bring your personal protection equipment. You will be working in the shop on the first day.
Bring binders, pens and pencils or purchase them on registration day.
Required Supplies1st Period
- Protective apparel – cotton coveralls/ carhart
- One pair leather welder's gloves (gauntlet type)
- One welder's hat or beanie
- Two three-ring 3" binders and loose leaf paper or notebooks
- One lock
- Approved safety glasses (compulsory) or prescription glasses, hardexed or plastic complete with side shields
- Welding goggles (to fit over safety glasses), welding helmet, and extra dark and clear lenses (16)
- MIG pliers
- Vice grip
- CSA approved safety steel toe boots
- Soap stone
- Tip cleaners
- Calculator Casio fx260 (available at our bookstore)
- File (Pipe liner) 14"
2nd Period All items from 1st period, plus:
- One 6" compass
- One ruler with both Imperial and Metric measurements
All the items above.