Launch Your CareerGet a quick start in the instrumentation field with entry level exposure to the trade. You will learn basic instrumentation theory as well as practical skills. By the end of the 16 week program you can challenge the first year apprenticeship exam providing that you maintain a positive attendance record and meet the trade entrance requirements.
Pre-employment Instrument Technician is 16 weeks and includes:
- 12 weeks of in class and laboratory instruction
- 4-week practicum placement
- Pre-employment instrument technician is based on the first year of the Alberta Apprenticeship Training Program.
- With small class sizes, instructors give you lots of one-on-one attention.
- Our laboratory settings and classrooms allow you to live the learning.
- Industry partnerships result in new hands-on-learning opportunities and innovative equipment donations.
- You'll be ready for a job in four months.
- Our four week industry practicum allows you to put your practical skills to work.
- Pre-employment programs are eligible for student funding.
- On-campus residency may be available.