Outdoor Rec ClubThe Outdoor Rec Club is for anyone who loves getting outdoors and enjoying the wild-life. Trips, camping and local excursions emphasizing non-motorized, outdoor, wilderness and nature activities in front and back country settings. All ability levels are welcome.
The ORC club have a regular schedule of activities that include:
- Kootenay Plains hike – Mountain scramble and camping – 3rd week Sep
- Dry Island Buffalo Jump Park – Nature hike and fossil hunt – late Sep/early Oct
- Whitney Lakes Park eskers – mountain biking – mid-Oct
- Canoeing – Vermilion Park Lake – through Sep-Oct
- Canoe and Kayak Pool sessions – approx. bi-weekly Nov-Mar
- Nordic Skiing – full-moons and daily Nov-Mar
- GeoCaching – a couple of Saturdays Nov-Mar
- Tobogganing, snowshoeing and campfire – random evenings
Chris Olsen, Staff Advisor
780 853 8590
Membership is $5 a year. You have the choice to join as many activities as you wish. Travel costs are shared.
Open to students and staff. All experience levels are welcome. Experienced students are often activity leaders. Specialized gear is available.
|The ORC meets weekly, Thursday evenings, at 7 pm in MB130.|
|Indoor Kayaking gallery|