Repaying Your Loan
A good place to start for any student loan holder is Paying back Student Loans on the CanLearn website. You can:
- learn how government student loan repayment works
- get tips and tools for making your repayment plan
- use the loan repayment estimator
The National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC). offers regular webinars on the student loan repayment process. You’ll learn:
- how to save money
- how to avoid repayment difficulties
- how to maintain your student loan
As a quick reference, use this student loan repayment FAQ sheet (pdf).
- customize your repayment plan
- send and receive messages in your account inbox. Note: This will be the only way to communicate about repayment.
If you are having difficulties making your loan payment or have missed a loan payment—the federal government has repayment assistance options that may be able to help. Visit repayment assistance for more details.