- Prepare the annual Lakeland College Comprehensive Institutional Plan (CIP) for approval by the Board of Governors.
- Monitor fulfillment of CIP outcomes.
- Provide champions for all major institutional initiatives.
- Develop, recommend and execute all major institutional strategic initiatives and planning documents including the CIP, strategic plan, operating and capital budgets, collective agreements and major academic research or administrative initiatives.
- Respond to any matters as delegated by the president and CEO of Lakeland College.
- Monitor outcomes.
- Meet annually to review all Corporate Initiatives (CI) , providing input to the Senior Leadership Team for decision making on CI requests.
- Provide input to the annual budget process prior to the annual budget being submitted to the Board of Governors.
Ensure annual budget allocations align with CIP priorities.
- Serve as the institutional policy/procedure development/renewal committee.
- Review and recommend new or renewed institutional policies/procedures through institutional stakeholder consultation.
- Ensure effective cross-departmental communication.
- Facilitate communication of policy initiatives throughout the broader institutional community.
- Communicate departmental issues/impacts to the leadership team.
Delegation of Tasks
- Delegate tasks as required to sub-committees.
Space Management & Utilization
- Coordinate the allocation of all College space (internal and external) to ensure institutional priorities are met.
- As required, the leadership team is to do due-diligence and communicate the impacts of the space change prior to submission.
The Leadership Team shall consist of the following members:
- President and CEO
- Vice President, Academic and Research
- Vice President, External Relations and Infrastructure
- Chief Financial Officer
- Senior Executive Advisor, Agriculture, Research & Advancement
- Dean, Agricultural Sciences
- Dean, Agriculture Technology and Applied Research
- Dean, Business and Energy
- Dean, Environmental Sciences
- Dean, Health, Wellness and Human Services
- Dean, Student and Academic Services
- Dean, Trades & Technology and Emergency Training Centre
- Dean, University Transfer and Foundational Learning
- Director, Applied Research
- Director, Athletics
- Director, External Relations
- Director, Facilities and Infrastructure
- Director, Human Resources
- Director, Information Technology
Other resource personnel will be invited to attend the meeting as required. Member substitution requires consent of the president.