Economic Impact of Lakeland College
Lakeland College adds $130.6 million to economy
- Lakeland operations
- alumni impact
- student spending
Education and training Lakeland provides also boosts the economy.
- higher earnings for alumni. On average, Lakeland alumni earn $9,000 more per year than people without a post-secondary education.
- increased productivity in the businesses where they work
- fuel and travel
Other key findingsLakeland's role in Alberta’s economy is through measurable and non-quantifiable means.
- 1,045 program completions
- 3,298 student enrolments in credit programs
- employing more than 400 full-time staff
- a strong mix of programs aligned with local workforce needs
- graduates with increased economic mobility and earnings power
- regional stewardship and viable pathways to higher education
- community access to research support and facilities
|About the study|
Data is from a 2021 report by Hanover Research.
Hanover’s analysis includes both quantifiable and non quantifiable data to determine Lakeland’s role in Alberta’s economic recovery, particularly in a post-COVID world.
Read the report summary as an e-document.