Co-op Internship - Overview
What is a Co-op Internship?The Lakeland College co-op internship is an optional 16-week paid work experience for business administration diploma students.
The placement takes place between year 1 and 2 of the diploma program, giving you an opportunity to gain experience in your chosen career path.
It is supervised and evaluated by Lakeland's co-op coordinator and the employer.
Lakeland is one of only a few colleges in Alberta that offers co-op internships.
Why participate in a co-op?A co-op internship provides many benefits including:
- exposure to different career paths
- relevant work experience for resume building
- making industry contacts
- potential employment opportunities
- applying classroom theory in a business setting
- gain vital soft skills (communication, team work, and interpersonal skills)
What to do nextLearn about how to apply for the co-op program to find out more about the application process.
Note: The co-op internship course is not available to international students.