Truck Driver Training
- training in our Peterbilt tractors and 53 foot trailers
- pre-trip inspection and post-trip training
- coupling and uncoupling
- Lakeland College truck and trailer for the one and a half hour pre-trip/road test
- 18 years of age or older
- full Class 5 driver's licence
- commercial driver's medical exam (Class 1 only)
- Class 1 or 3 learner's permit
- Air Brake - Q Endorsement
|About the provincial MELT programs|
Alberta and Saskatchewan are two of the three Canadian provinces that introduced higher commercial driver training standards this year. Ontario is the other province.
|Schedule & Fees|
One-on-training with an instructor is $150 per hour for Class 1. This fee is subject to change and provided as a guideline.
Other fees depend on whether you are getting an Alberta or Saskatchewan licence.
Alberta Driver Training
You will also need to get your air brakes (Q-endorsement). Lakeland offers this course weekly at a cost of $250.
Government fees and requirements
Saskatchewan Drive Training
Saskatchewan also requires a commercial media exam and its road test is $210.
For more information check the Saskatchewan license classifications.
|To register or for more information, please contact Andre Fougere at 780 871 3384.|
|Refund and Cancellation|
|You must give 48 hours notice to cancel a scheduled time. If 48-hours notice isn’t given, you won’t be refunded. Appointments can be rescheduled at an additional cost of $150/h.|