Energy Petroleum Technology
Heavy Oil Operations Technician - Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age on or before December 31 of the year you start the program; however, you must be 18 years of age to participate in the practicum component of the program.
- High school diploma with a minimum 50% in:
- English 30-1 or 30-2
- Math 30-1 or 65% in Math 30-2
- One of Physics 20, Chemistry 20 or 65% in Science 20. Physics 20 is preferred.1
If you didn’t graduate from an Alberta high school, please refer to the English, math and science provincial subject equivalencies. If you don’t meet the admission requirements, please refer to admissions screening and testing (no hyperlink at this time).
While not admission requirements, it helps if you:
- have mechanical interest and aptitude
- are prepared for shift work
- have good health as it is necessary for physically demanding and outdoor work
|You require 2 safety tickets by registration day. Please bring a copy of your tickets with you.
The third, WHMIS, is scheduled during your first week of class. Cost is not yet determined.
How to get trainingMany businesses offer safety training. You can find training by searching safety training plus your location on the internet.
If you live in the Lloydminster area, you can take this training through:
If you have difficulty taking these courses before registration day, Lakeland may be able to arrange for courses on the weekends during the first 2 weeks of your program.
Expiry dateAll tickets must have an expiry date later than your program end date. We suggest May 1, 2019 or later.
If you already have valid tickets, but they expire before your program ends you will need to update your training.
QuestionsIf you have any questions about safety tickets, please contact Colleen via email at email@example.com, or call direct in Lloydminster at 780 871 5485. Call toll-free at 1 800 661 6490 ext 5485.
|When you complete the course requirements and have attended at least 90% of you classes, you will be awarded a Certificate in Heavy Oil Operations Technician.|