Energy Petroleum Technology
Heavy Oil Power Engineering - Requirements
1st Year Admission RequirementsHigh school diploma with a minimum 50% in:
- English 30-1 or 30-2
- Math 30-1 or 65% in Math 30-2
- Physics 20
- Must be 18 years of age to participate in the practicum component of the program.
Note - While not admission requirements, it helps if you:
- passed Physics 30 as it is strongly recommended
- have mechanical interest and aptitude
- are prepared for shift work.
- have good health as work is physically demanding and often outdoors.
|Safety Ticket Information|
|You require 3 safety tickets by registration day. Please email a copy of the tickets to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get training
Many businesses offer safety training. You can find training by searching safety training plus your location on the internet.
If you live in the Lloydminster area, you can take this training through:
• ASTEC at astecsafety.com or call 780 875 0331. ASTEC also has offices in Bonnyville and Provost.
• CANSAFE at cansafesafety.com or call 306 825 8845 or toll free 1 800 318 2152
All tickets must have an expiry date later than your program end date. We suggest May 1, 2023 or later.
If you already have valid tickets, but they expire before your program ends you will need to update your training.
If you have any questions about safety tickets, please contact Colleen via email at email@example.com, or call direct in Lloydminster at 780 871 5485. Call toll-free at 1 800 661 6490 ext 5485.
|2nd Year Admission Requirements|
|Entrance to 2nd year is competitive.
You must have successfully completed:
When you complete the course requirements with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.30 and have attended at least 80% of your classes, you will be awarded a Heavy Oil Operations Power Engineering diploma.
If you leave the program after successfully completing the first year requirements, you are eligible for a Heavy Oil Operations Technician certificate.