Energy Petroleum Technology
Online 4th Class Power Engineering - Courses
|EN||128 Part A||4th Class Power Engineering Part A||10|
This is a self-paced online course study of the Pan Global 4th Class Power Engineering material leading to provincial certification. The SOPEEC curriculum, which is used by all provincial power engineering regulatory bodies, has been used as a benchmark for the development of this course. Prerequisites: none. Co-requisites: EN 129 & QTRA 231.
|EN||129 Part B||4th Class Power Engineering Part B||10|
This is an instructor-paced online course study, Part B, of the Pan Global 4th Class Power Engineering material leading to provincial certification. The SOPEEC curriculum, which is used by all provincial power engineering regulatory bodies, has been used as a benchmark for the development of this course. Prerequisites: none. Co-requisites: EN 128 & QTRA 231.
|EN||131||Power Engineering Self-Directed Practicum||10|
|This course is an evaluated power engineering/steam work experience leading to provincial certification. Work experience includes demonstrating safety procedures while working with boilers, pumps, compressors, prime movers, water treatment, air conditioning and refrigeration, and process controls. Practicum must be completed in a facility suitable under Power Engineering regulation. Prerequisites: EN 128 & 129. Co-requisites: none.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Pan Global textbooks, Part A & B, 3.0 Edition
- Current Academic Supplement 2.0 edition
- 2018 ASME Academic Extract (Vol. 1) - Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
Required Codes, Regulations & LegislationCSA extracts from The CSA Group Store. These code extracts are no longer available through PanGlobal.
- CSA B51:19 - Boiler, pressure vessel, and pressure piping code
- CSA B52:18 - Mechanical refrigeration code
- Safety Codes Act
- Pressure Equipment Exemption Order (formerly Boilers and Pressure Vessels exemption)
- Pressure Equipment Safety Regulation (formerly Design, Construction and Installation of Boiler and Pressure Vessels Regulations)
- Power Engineer's Regulation
- Pressure Welders' Regulations
- non-programmable scientific calculator - ABSA approved calculators are listed in an information page. Scroll to the link New - Approved Calculators for Examinations
- non-technical English dictionary
- geometry set
- binders, paper, pens and other supplies