Applied Environmental Sciences (Certificate & Diploma) - Jobs & Careers
Career choices vary. Some examples are:
- environmental operations specialist working in an industry such as oil & gas, mining, agriculture, forestry or transportation
- environmental regulatory specialist with government
- environmental technology with a consulting company.
Since 2007, 100% of our graduates:
- Are confident they have the knowledge and skills needed to start a career.
- Were satisfied with the program and would recommend it to others.
- Have found employment in the environmental industry or have chosen to pursue further education.
Salary potentialThe average, career-related starting wage for Lakeland Environmental Science Diploma graduates is $55,786. The Alberta Wage and Salary Survey reports that environmental industry wages start at $44,800, and average $136,000.
Employers hire Lakeland Grads
- 94% of employers would hire a Lakeland grad again
- 100% of employers would recommend Lakeland grads to other employers
- 97.1% of employers are satisfied with the quality of Lakeland College grads
What our Alumni say
92 % are grads are happy in their jobs. Their satisfaction goes up if the job is related to their program
Source: 2016 Lakeland College Graduate Survey of Class of 2014. Conducted by insightrix
|ECO Canada Certification|
This program prepares you to become an Environmental Professional (EP) with ECO Canada.
As a diploma graduate you are eligible to apply as an Environmental Professional in Training (Ept) and can upgrade to an EP after you have completed 5 years of relevant experience.
|Where grads have found jobs|
Government & Regulatory Organizations
Energy Resources Conservation Board
Nunavut Impact Review Board
Natural Resources Canada
North Saskatchewan River Basin Council
Consultants and Industry
Klohn Crippen Berger
North Shore Environmental Consultants
Protocol2 Air Services