Bachelor of Applied Science in Environmental Management - Jobs & Careers
Graduates typically find work with industry, government and agencies related to:
- Oil & gas
- Pulp & paper
- Forestry & wildlife
- The Alberta Wage and Salary Survey discovered that the environmental industry related jobs are paying between $44,800 and $136,000 per year with an average salary of $87,600.
- Average salaries of Environmental Sciences grads $63,558/yr
Employers hire Lakeland Grads
- 94% of employers would hire a Lakeland grad again
- 100% of employers would recommend Lakeland grads to other employers
- 97.1% of employers are satisfied with the quality of Lakeland College grads
What our Alumni say
92 % are grads are happy in their jobs. Their satisfaction goes up if the job is related to their program
Source: 2016 Lakeland College Graduate Survey of Class of 2014. Conducted by insightrix
|Reclamation and Remediation major|
|Monitoring and Environmental Monitoring major|
|ECO Canada Certification|
Our program is nationally accredited through the Environmental Career Organization of Canada (ECO Canada).
As a graduate you have instant national recognition for your skills when you register and then are recognized as an Environmental Professional in training (EPt) through the Canadian Environmental Certification Approvals Board (CECAB) of ECO Canada.
Because our program is one of a select group of accredited programs, you can apply for full EP designation after they have only 4 years of relevant Canadian environmental experience.
|Conservation and Restoration Organizations|
|Society of Ecological Restoration
Western Canada chapter of SER
Alberta Environment & Parks
Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada
Society for Conservation Biology
Ecological Society of America
Canadian Land Reclamation Association
North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance
Saskatchewan Conservation Data Centre