- Minimum age 18
- High school diploma with a minimum of 50% in:
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 20-3
- One of any Grade 11 Science
- Class 5 or equivalent driver's license. Airbrake endorsement is required for program intakes beginning in 2018.
- Medical clearance. Please see the medical clearance form (pdf). Further instructions will be provided after we receive your application and supporting documents. Cost of this exam is the responsibility of the applicant. The medical release form is valid for one year.
- If you don't have a high school diploma, you may be considered through our special admission policy. Please note that
fire departments may require graduates to have a high school diploma.
- If you aren't from Alberta, please see provincial subject equivalencies for the English, math and science course equivalents.
- If you have a Graduated Driver’s License (GDL), you may apply to the
program, but must have an unrestricted Class 5 license to be
accepted into the program.
When you complete the requirements, you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement - Fire Fighter.
You are also eligible for these professional certifications:
- NFPA 472 - Dangerous Goods Operations Level
- NFPA 1001 - Fire Fighter Level II
- NFPA 1002 - Fire Apparatus - Pumping Operations