Child and Youth Care - Important Dates
- the face-to-face schedule - 1st drop down box
- the academic year - 2nd drop down box
- the online schedule -3rd drop down box
Online Students - Check application and registration dates
- You apply to the program. The deadline is approximately 2 months before courses start. Use the Apply Now button above to apply.
- You register for classes. You can't register for a course until you've been accepted in the program. The deadline to register is 2 weeks before the course starts.
|Academic Year - Face-to-Face|
Sep 2 - Labour Day
Sep 3 – Registration Day, fees due
Sep 4 - Classes begin for semester 1
Sep 11 - Last day to add courses
Sep 23 - Last day to drop courses. Last day to withdraw from college with full refund.
Oct 14 - Thanksgiving Day - College closed
Nov 4 - Last day to withdraw from semester 1 with W grade or change from credit to audit
Nov 11 - Remembrance Day - College closed
Nov 11-12 – Fall Break for students
Dec 13 – Last day Semester 1
Dec 14 - Jan 5 - Christmas break for students
Dec 24 - Jan 2 - College closed
Jan 3 - College reopens
Jan 6 – First day Semester 2
Jan 13 - Last day to add semester 2 classes
Jan 27 - Last day to drop semester 2 courses. Last day to withdraw from college with 100% refund of semester 2 fees.
Feb 15-23 – Spring Break for students in most programs 1
Feb 17 - Family Day - College closed
Mar 16 - Last day to withdraw from semester 2 courses with W grade or change from credit to audit.
Apr 10 - 13 - Easter - College closed
Apr 24 – Last day Semester 2 for most programs 2
May 28 – Lloydminster Campus Convocation
Jun 4 – Vermilion Campus Convocation
1 Not all programs have spring break.
2 HOOT, HOPE, 2nd Class Power Engineering, hairstylist and BEd (ATEP) end later. Some programs also have practicums that extend into May (AHT, VMA, admin professional, interior design, HOPE,
We strongly recommend: