Bachelor of Education - U of C Community Based
- Early Childhood Education
- Social Studies
University of Calgary core requirements (credits) that can be taken at Lakeland include
Core courses that must be taken through U of C are:
|Early Learning and Childhood Education Teaching Area|
Two courses must be taken through University of Calgary - EDUC 207 How Children Learn to Read and 213 How Children Learn to Write
The other 18 credits can be taken at Lakeland College:
|English Teaching Area|
24 required credits, 9 must be at a senior level (200 level +).
Lakeland College currently has a 6-credit full year English course and 4 senior level courses.
Supplementary English courses can be taken through Athabasca University
|Math Teaching Area|
At least 9 of the 24 credits must be at a senior level (200 level plus)
Options at Lakeland College include 3 math and one statistic course. Two of those courses are pre-requisites for higher level courses..
Supplemental courses are available through Athabasca University:
|Science Teaching Area|
|Social Studies Teaching Area|
At least 9 of the 24 credits must be at a senior level (200+)
|Revitalization Teaching Area|
- You must also meet all the admission requirements of the degree-granting institution. This may include appropriate high school courses and averages.
- Admission is competitive. There may be quotas for number of students admitted to the degree program at the receiving institution.
- Some receiving institutions specify a minimum grade for transfer credit.
- If you change a program or receiving institution, be aware that there may not be room in the new program.