Apply Now, but first...
...how to apply: Checklist & Tips
- Your own MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI).
- Your Alberta Student Number (ASN).
- The names of all the high schools and post-secondary institutions you attended or are currently attending.
- High school courses and marks - Canadian students only.
- A credit card to pay the application fee.
You should also know
- use a desktop or laptop computer to fill in your online application. It's much easier to see and do all the actions on a larger screen. It's very difficult to complete the application on a mobile phone.
- check your web browser. If you're a Google Chrome user, you might have difficulties in ApplyAlberta. Switch to another browser.
- if you're an international student - check eligible programs as well as if there is still space for international students
- if you're an apprentice, you use My Trade Secrets to register for your training
- apply even if the program has a wait list - often there's movement
- Oct 1 is when applications open for the next academic year for most Sept to April programs
- if you were a Lakeland College student and have been away for a semester or more, you must reapply for the program
- if you are coming back in the fall to the 2nd year of the same program, you don’t have to reapply.
Tips for using Apply Alberta
You leave Lakeland College's website when you click on Apply Alberta. So, we've provided some tips to help you.
- Create a secure login account
- Find your Alberta Student Number (ASN), or get one if you're not from Alberta
- Authorize a transcript transfer
- Fill in your profile
- Complete the application
- Submit your application and pay the application fee
- if you have a problem, there's an ApplyAlberta help desk
- split your screen with the ApplyAlberta site on one side and this page open on the other. You can refer to this page for tips and help.
- check your browser as there have been issues with Google Chrome, so try another browser.
- don't use the browser's back button to go back to a previous page - there are back and next buttons within the application.
MyAlberta Digital ID (MADI)
You should also know
- if you used ApplyAlberta before, you will need to transfer from the SIAMS system to the MADI system. This is about 7 steps into the MADI set-up. You'll need the SIAMS number you were assigned.
- an email address can only be used for once MADI. Use your own email. If you are a parent or guardian filling out the form, don't use a family email or your personal email
- you'll have to confirm your email address before your account is created. Be ready to check for the confirmation link. It expires in 96 hours.
- if you're an Albertan, you might want to create an ID verified account.You'll be using your MADI for more than ApplyAlberta and vertified ID may be required.
- if you're filling in a basic account, please use your legal name including a middle name. We need that information for our student and financial records.
Alberta Student Number ASN
Everyone who has gone to school in Alberta - from kindergarten to post-secondary - has an Alberta Student Number (ASN).
If you went to school in AlbertaIf you don't know your ASN,you look it up . The link is in the ApplyAlberta process, but you should look it up first. Go to the Lookup ASN page.
If you haven't gone to school in AlbertaYou need to get an ASN number. Go to the request an ASN page.
You should know
- your ASN is unique to you and is yours for life. Record it and keep with other important documents
- a parent, legal guardian or other authorized person can look up or request your ASN
High School Marks & Courses
Part of your application is filling out both personal and academic profiles.
- your full legal name, please include your middle name
- your birth date
- your mailing address and other contact information
- your citizenship
- high school(s) you attended
- post secondary institutions you attended
- high school courses
- You only need to list the courses required for the program you're applying to take. Check the Courses to Declare by Program e-document.
|If you're a ...
|| then you need to...
|current Grade 12 student attending an Alberta curriculum school,||email back a list of the courses you are enrolled in - for the first and second semester.|
|current Grade 12 student attending a school in Lloydminster,
||have your school email or fax a transcript showing all of the high school courses you completed in Grade 10 and 11, and confirmation of the courses you’re enrolled in for grade 12. Note: All Lloydminster high schools follow Saskatchewan curriculum. So, we do not receive your transcript electronically from Alberta Education.|
|current Grade 12 student attending a school outside of Alberta,||have your school email or fax a transcript showing all of the high school courses you completed in Grade 10 and 11, and confirmation of the courses you’re enrolled in for grade 12.|
|graduate of an Alberta high school,||relax. We will automatically receive your official transcript from Alberta Education. Our admissions team will email you if we need additional information.|
|graduate of a high school outside of Alberta (including Lloydminster),
||mail or drop off an official transcript. To speed up the process, if you have a copy of your transcript you can email it, and then submit the official one later.
|graduate with education from outside of Canada,||email copies of your educational documents, including any English Language Proficiency tests.
- Transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 780 853 8594 (Vermilion) or 780 875 1813 (Lloydminster).
- For final admission, you must provide an official transcript at least one month before your program's start date. An official transcript is not a photocopy, a fax or an email.
Congratulations - You're Ready to Apply
You have all the background and tips about using applyalberta
- There are reminders on this page about all the things you need to complete your application
- Use the a green Apply Now button on the right.
- Your click takes to the My Alberta sign in page. You'll use your My Alberta Digital ID (MADI) to sign in
- Start your identify check by clicking yes or no about having a SIAMS account. Tip: Transfer your SAMIS account to MADI before you start your application.
- The next identify check level shows your full name, address, and Alberta Student Number. If you haven't entered your ASN before, you'll be prompted here.
- Next is a privacy and legal agreement.
- Now you're in applyalberta
Application Opening Dates
Some people are eager to begin their application.However, you do have to wait until application process is open.
- Bachelor of Applied Business: Emergency Services - March 1, 2021 [Jan 2022 intake]
- EST 2022 - May 1, 2021
- Firefighter training (FFT) 2022 - August 14, 2021
- Sept 2022 - April 2023 academic year - Oct 1, 2021
- January 2022 - April 2023 - May 1, 2021
Currently wait listed programs
Any programs with a wait list will be noted here.
- Animal Health Technology (AHT)
- Firefighter Training - both P1 and blended intakes
- Heavy Oil Operations Technician
- Heavy Oil Power Engineering
- Veterinary Medical Assistant
Why should you still apply if Your Program has a Wait List?
We encourage you to apply even if your program has a wait list.
No application fee during Open House
Save $90 during Open House
Open House is October 22 & 23, 2021.
Your Application Status
When you submit your application and payment, you'll receive a confirmation you should print for your records.
- contact you to get clarification or more details
- ask you to submit additional forms that are part of a particular program's requirements