Why an international student should choose Lakeland
- For high quality education
- For immigration opportunities
- Because its affordable
Our top quality education is affordable. Plus its full of hands-on, live the learning and student-led experiences.
Students love Lakeland College because of the quality education.
Lakeland College prides itself on an exceptional educational experience.
Read more about Lakeland College’s Mission, Vision, Values, Outcomes.
Our Students Love Lakeland!
- 98% were satisfied or very satisfied with their program content.
- 95% program activities gave them insights that lectures/readings could not.
- 93% were satisfied or very satisfied with quality of instruction.
- 98% were satisfied or very satisfied with accessibility to staff.
- 96% are confident they have acquired the knowledge and skills to gain employment.
- 95% stated they would recommend their program to others.
Source: About to Graduate Survey 2013-14
Study, work and immigration
Work when you're a studentCurrent rules make it easy for anyone with a study permit to work on campus, off campus or if their program has a practicum or internship component. You can start a job the same time as you start your program.
- AlbertaCanada.com is a site about doing business in or moving to Alberta. The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program is a specific program of interest.
- Saskatchewan has a website about its immigration programs and services. Specifically, you might want to look at the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.
Tuition is your biggest expense, but it isn't the only one
- Lakeland has a set flat international tuition rate for most programs. This means no matter the program you take, tuition will be the same.
- If the program’s tuition is above the flat rate, you’ll pay the larger amount.
- All students pay a students' association fee, program specific fees and comprehensive fee. All are set rates. These cover a variety of services and materials. Examples include:
- Books, supplies and field trip costs vary by program.
- All international students must have health insurance. This amount is included in your fee total.
The Canadian government has a list of international scholarships available to non-Canadians
Your country may also have programs, grants, awards and scholarships for study overseas. Invest some time in research and you might be rewarded financially.