Open House 2020
Our door are open - virtually - for Open House 2020 Fri Oct 23 and Sat Oct 24.
It's still 2 campuses for 2 days, but with a twist. Instead of driving a vehicle to and walking around campus, this year you'll save both gas and shoe leather. You'll need a computer or mobile device, Wi-Fi and a comfortable spot to watch and listen to our virtual sessions.
There will also be activities, contents and prizes. So watch for the details about how you could receive a big package of goodies in the mail.
Our goal is to post some specific schedules by the end of September. In the meantime, if you RSVP now, you'll be the first to know details.
What to expect
- interactions with instructors and students - take part in a Q&A
- tours - but without bus rides and walking
- program specific sessions and information
- more about student life at Lakeland and all the services and opportunities
- having some fun - did we mention contests?
Who should attendGenerally, anyone who wants to know more about Lakeland College. Specifically:
- prospective students - those Grade 9s who are looking early or Grade 12s who are finalizing their choice.
- mature students - looking to complete education or a second career
- teachers and high school counsellors - learn more about Lakeland to share with your students
- career counsellors - Lakeland has a lot to offer from academic upgrading to four-year degrees
- family and friends - include them in your Lakeland Open House experience
- school classes - in other times if you'd brought a school tour, then bring your group to campus virtually
- alumni - dial in to campus and catch up with what's new
No application fee
Save yourself $90 when you apply during Open House.
Applications are free during Open House.
We'll be providing a code you can use instead of paying the $90 application fee..
Prepare to apply
Besides being armed with the code, you can do some preparation before you apply. One thing is to have a list of your high school courses and marks. See our how to apply page for 3 other things you can do before you start your online application.
As well, we recommend doing the application on a desktop or laptop computer, and not a mobile device. Also the process will be easier if you use Edge, Firefox or Safar and not Chrome as your web browser.
You can take a virtual tour of our facilities any time.
Usually we're about inviting you to tour campus for yourself and be a student for the day. In pandemic times, we can't.
But you do have the option to check out our virtual tours.This main page provides links to a number of different tours:You'll also find instructions about how to scroll through the 360 degree tours.