English Language Requirements
All applicants, regardless of citizenship or country of origin, must show English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Successfully completing a year of full time education in English in Canada or in another country where English is the official language of instruction or at a recognized school/institution that uses English as it primary language of instruction. This can be a combination of secondary and post-secondary education.
- Successfully completing specific O level, GCSE, IGCSE or 6 credit transferability university level English language or literature course at an English language institution.
- An acceptable score on an English language evaluation test:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language www.ets.org/toefl) - minimum of 78 on the internet-based test (iBT) with a minimum score of 19 in each of the four tested areas.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System www.ielts.org) - minimum score of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 on each band score on the Academic test.
- CAEL (Canadian Assessment of English Language www.cael.ca) - minimum score of 60 overall with at least 55 on each band score.
- MET (Michigan English Test https://michiganassessment.org/) - minimum score of 58 on all bands.
- Duolingo – minimum score of 100 with at least 95 on each subscore.
- PTE-A (Pearson Test of English, Academic) - minimum score of 53 with no communication skill score lower than 50.
Because your education may need to be evaluated by another organization, you need to start this process as soon as possible. For example, having your educational record evaluated could take 4 months or longer.