Funding your education
Student loans and scholarships aren't the only ways to pay for your college education.
- Personal savings--you are expected to use personal savings
- Contributions from your parents--parents are expected to contribute according to family income
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)--if you have an RESP in place, now is the time to contact your RESP provider to arrange access to those funds
- Personal student bank loan--many major banks and credit unions offer loans or lines of credit to students. In most cases you only pay interest while in school and don't start paying the principal until you stop being a full time student.
- Sponsorship--you may qualify for a program based on your circumstances. Check out our 'other' funding page
- Part-time work--some student choose or have to work during school terms
Repaying your loan
There's information for you before you have to start paying back your student loan.