Your Lakeland email address opens more than mail
Call it an email address with benefits. Or, a digital version of Willy Wonka's golden ticket.
To start, your Lakeland edu address is your user name for logging in to college computers, Wi-Fi and the PaperCut print system.
Your edu address is available three ways:
- on your mobile device
- via the webmail link on the Lakeland website
- on your personal computer or Mac by installing Microsoft Outlook
Outlook isn't the only Microsoft program you can use. You have free access to the full version of Office 365 Plus (see the tile for details).
You also won't need to have so many memory sticks, because you'll also have 1 TB of cloud storage on OneDrive.
Plus, you can access Grammarly and LinkedIn Learning.
Check the details of all the advantages of your Lakeland email on the specific tiles below.
Your email address
Your Lakeland email address is as simple as your name.
The format is email@example.com
You may share a name with someone. If that happens, a number will be added at the end of your last name. For example the second Mary Brown's email address would be mary.brown3. Or the second Raj Patel would be raj.patel2.
Your email address isn't active until you're registered as a student. So, be patient before you try using the address.
Accessing your email
You have three options for getting your Lakeland email.
1. Use the Microsoft Outlook app on your mobile device (smart phone or tablet).
- find the Microsoft Office app at your app store
- download the app
- when prompted use your email address and password
Note: You can also use your device's built-in mail app. Log on using your Lakeland email address and password.
2. Access via webmail button on the Lakeland website.
- Go to lakelandcollege.ca
- Look at the upper right for the Webmail button
- Click on webmail, and use your Lakeland email address and password
3. Install the Microsoft Outlook application on your own personal computer or Mac. Again, use your Lakeland email address and password to set up your mailbox.
Microsoft Office 365 Plus: it's free
Save money, because you don't have to purchase a student version, or any version, of Microsoft Office.
Even better, you may install Office 365 on up to 5 devices for your personal use, as long as you're a Lakeland student.
How to install
1. Go to https://portal.office.com. Log in using your Lakeland edu email address
2.Look for the Install Office button on the right
3. Follow the installation instructions.
4. Start using all the Office programs
Don't worry about where your memory sticks or thumb drives are, you now have 1 TB of cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive.
Use OneDrive to save your work when you're on a college computer.
You can access your OneDrive storage from anywhere you're connected to the internet.
You have 3 ways to get to OneDrive:
- add the OneDrive app to your mobile device(s)
- add the OneDrive app to your computer or Mac
- access One Drive through https://onedrive.live.com
Check your grammar and spelling as well as detect plagiarism through Grammarly.
It's another free tool you can access with your Lakeland email address.
You'll create an account by filling in your name, your @edu.lakelandcollege.ca email address and a password
Your account must be verified, so you'll have to check your Lakeland email account to finish the process. Check your inbox for a message from Grammarly with the subject line Action Required: Confirm your email.
Confirm your email address, and your account is ready to use.
Note: Remember you can access your email from the Lakeland College website. Just look for the webmail button in the header.
Another perk is free access to LinkedIn Learning. Technology, software and business skills are among the topics you'll find in more than 5,000 video tutorials.
If you already have a LinkedIn account, you can connect it. You'll get personalized recommendations about courses of interest to you.
Start by registering.
- Go to www.linkedin.com/learning/activate
- Create your account using your lakeland edu email address as your work email. Note: If you have trouble with your edu account address, please go to your campus IT office.
- If you already have a LinkedIn account, you connect it. You can still use LinkedIn Learning if you don't have a LinkedIn account or if you don't connect your LinkedIn account.
Once you are in your account you can search by keyword or browse categories. The graphic shows browse categories opened up. Subjects, software and learning paths are all displayed.
Here are some of the available courses.
|Software||Business Skills||Technical Training|
Lakeland computer & Wi-Fi access
Contact & Help Desk
If you need help, come to the Information Technology (IT) office on your campus
- Room 2067 in Lloydminster between 8:15 am -- 4:30 pm weekdays
- The Commons (library) in Vermilion between 8:15 am - 4:30 pm weekdays