Business Job Postings
Note Lakeland College is not responsible for verifying all information provided by employers. The onus is on a student to check out each opportunity thoroughly before agreeing to the work or signing contracts of employment.
Want to check out an employer's reputation? Go to our online employment resources page, check the last drop down for research companies and use the links.
|Payroll Manager - Deadline - Oct 15/19|
Application Deadline: October 15, 2019
(Students from the Business (payroll) program are encouraged to apply)
Job Location:Acme, AB
Name:Carla Mazutinec, Coordinator
Address:Box 266, Acme, Alberta T0M0A0
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with an engaging and professional manner, to effectively drive and deliver outcomes for the organization and further develop a culture that promotes the vision and values of Sunterra. This exciting opportunity will be an excellent fit for an individual looking to work in a fast-paced, innovative, and forward-thinking environment within the agri-food/food manufacturing sector and will allow an effective and passionate person to shape this role to their strengths. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the payroll functions for all Sunterra Group companies and will work at the corporate head office located in Acme, Alberta.
•Payroll Compliance Practitioner and/or Certified Payroll Manager designation (Canadian Payroll Association)
•Post-secondary education of a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Human Resources Management, or similar, is an asset
•Five or more years’ progressive experience in payroll processing, including experience at a management or supervisory level
•In-depth understanding of accounting practices including reconciliations, year-end preparations, journal entries and general ledger reporting
•Knowledge of employee/labour relations, onboarding, and performance management.
•General knowledge of employment-related legislation with the ability to interpret and apply provincial and federal legislation as it relates to payroll.
•Excellent analytical skills; proven strategic planning skills and ability to be hands-on as and when required
•Excellence in achieving multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a timely fashion
•Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, using a variety of software applications and online tools
Salary:Commensurate with experience
Hours:45 per week
Job Start Date:October 15, 2019
Application Requirements: Resume and Cover Letter
How to Apply: Email or Online
|Product Specialist-Lending - Deadline - Oct 15/19 or until suitable candidate found|
Product Specialist-Lending (10 Month Term Certain Salary)
At AFSC, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. As a progressive and rapidly changing organization, we continue to develop and nurture our reputation as a great place to work and are always looking for skilled individuals to join our team in one of our 44 offices located throughout Alberta.
*This position is anticipated to be for a duration of 10 months, with the possibility of an extension.*
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, the Product Specialist - Lending is responsible for responding to the needs of clients within their area of expertise. The role is designed to provide lending expertise coupled with basic knowledge of specific AFSC products and some acquired knowledge of the clients’ business/operations in providing such support. The Product Specialist - Lending will:
• Take an active part in pre-sales activities that includes identifying potential sales opportunities, qualifying leads, and recommending an approach to a client/prospect;
• Collaborate with the Relationship Management team members to enhance the value proposition offered by AFSC through its suite of products and services to the agricultural market;
• Share client feedback on existing products and processes with the Delivery Team;
• Provide the coordination and flow of documentation to ensure efficient processing of client applications;
• Collaborate with other team members who have expertise in insurance, lending or agri-stability.
• Sound understanding of the principles of credit granting and risk management;
• Basic knowledge of AFSC products related to their area of expertise;
• Knowledge of the Agricultural market;
• Market intelligence on the industry, competitor activity and resultant client impact;
• Ability to effectively utilize the corporate computer systems and software.
• Basic sales principles;
• Effective communication skills and ability to convey product information;
• Analysis skills;
• Knowledge of transactional processes;
• Collaborative and respectful team member.
• A University Degree and 4 years proven related experience or a Diploma and 6 years proven related experience
• 2 year College Diploma and 2 years proven related experience.
Pro-active in continued professional and personal skill development is an ongoing expectation.
$56,076 to $107,436 per annum
|Entry Level Insurance Broker - Deadline -Nov 8/19|
Entry Level Insurance Broker
Company:Zealots Consulting for HUB International
Application Deadline: November 8, 2019
(Students from the Business program are encouraged to apply)
Job Location:North Vancouver, BC
Position Type: Full-time
Address:Lynn Valley Town Centre, 1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7J 3S9
Have you ever thought about a career in Insurance after graduation?
Are you the type of person, who smiles when they greet a customer, or says hello and welcomes the ones you already know? Do you intuitively ask and check to ensure the customer has what they need? Do you ask and understand what might be important to the customer and feel an obligation to ask and ensure the customer understands choices or options? Are you the type of person that follows up, makes notes, feels a sense of service to the customer and ensures what was promised is delivered on time and correctly?
Are you the type of person that knows that doing a job well is a journey and you want to convey information to the customer in an effective manner?
Mostly are you the type of person that understands and cares about the customer as well as the value of how insurance makes a real difference in people's lives?
If you were nodding to some of these questions, a career in the insurance field may be a really good long term fit for you!
Insurance involves more than filling out paperwork. Insurance is peace of mind. It is knowing that if something were to happen to your car, home, possessions, you are protected. In fact, insurance is all around us and touches virtually everything we do in life and in business! To ensure our customers get the best options and services available, we are looking for new business graduates who enjoy helping and servicing others, and who enjoy solving problems in an entrepreneurial and dynamic workplace.
HUB International is offering this rare opportunity to enter this global and growing industry and will even assist you in obtaining your Level 1 General Insurance License. You will proactively build relationships, approaching your clients with both integrity and a service mindset. As a highly detailed and service-oriented person, you make sure all the needed documentation has all the i's dotted and t's crossed and clients feel understood and their insurance needs are expertly taken care of.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB, you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
As such we are actively recruiting a motivated and talented individual for the position of Entry Level Insurance Broker in our esteemed client's office.
HUB International (www.hubinternational.com) is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada. The company is the largest broker of insurance products in Canada and our client's dynamic team of insurance professionals provides insurance solutions for all types of business, government, and other organizations and continues to grow and expand its footprint across North America and beyond. Our client's dynamic organization prides itself with a winning employee culture and has had tremendous success through its people, and is led by a strong and experienced senior management team with strong financial performance. The company offers a great benefits program and compensation plan and rewards top performers.
• Competitive market salaries, bonus, RRSP match, medical/dental benefits, paid vacation
• Employer paid education and training programs, professional development and insurance courses
• Flexible work hours
• Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
• Build relationships with clients, colleagues to grow your professional network
• Proactively and creatively offer solutions using a diverse selection of ICBC and private insurance products while achieving performance targets
• Process a wide variety of auto insurance transactions including renewals, new plates, transfers, cancellations, debt payments and more
• Develop new business by cross selling and making referrals to both personal and commercial insurance lines
How to apply:
Please send your resume, transcript, and cover letter quoting job: “Entry Level Insurance Broker” to email@example.com
Cliff Tang, Principal
Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search
Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development
"Part of Your Team"
Lynn Valley Town Centre
1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3S9
Required Education & Personal Attributes:
• 1-2 year Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications Certificate/Diploma
• Ability to write and pass the Level 1 exam within 30 - 60 days (employer sponsored)
• Thrive in a team environment and be happy to help co-workers find the answers!
• Positive, can do attitude!
Nice to Have's:
• Prior insurance industry experience
• 1 year of related customer service, retail, co-op education, or sales experience
Ideal Personal Attributes:
Client Focused: The client's satisfaction is the key priority and the candidate seeks ways to add value.
Clear Communicator: The candidate has the capacity to listen, write and speak so that others understand. In addition, they have a sense of social intelligence.
Goal Driven: The candidate can set goals and achieve them through personal commitment.
Takes Initiative: Acts to avoid potential problems and/or maximizes potential opportunities. Finishes what they start.
Team Player: Works with fellow employees to achieve the shared goal of providing the best in customer service.
Has Integrity: Is true and honest with self and others and accepts responsibility for their mistakes.
Multi-Tasker: Completes work efficiently and accurately with minimum stress.
Persuasive: Ability to influence new and existing clients that our products and services are right for them.
Cognitive Ability: The candidate has logical reasoning and can interpret information quickly and accurately.
• You take pride in your client care, communication skills, and your ability to build strong relationships
• Your excellent time management skills and attention to detail allow you to multi-task with ease which allows you to prioritize what needs to get done
• You want an opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge within the industry and desire future career growth
• Customer service aptitude and experience
Factors for Success:
• Ability to write and pass the Level 1 exam within 30 - 60 days (employer sponsored)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment and handle high volumes of transactions
Job Start Date:December 2, 2019
Application Requirements: Resume, Cover Letter and Transcript
How to Apply: Email
|Coop Student - Deadline - Oct 30/19 or until suitable candidate found|
Catalyst LLP strives to create a positive work environment through work/life initiatives, professional growth and development programs and challenging assignments. We are a professional firm of business advisors, accountants and support staff dedicated to helping our clients accomplish their business and financial goals. We succeed through the efforts of firm members responding to the specific needs of each client and the broader communities in which we live.
As a member of Allinial Global, one of the largest international professional services firm associations in the world, we are uniquely able to offer our clients the resources and capabilities of a network of qualified firms like ours in virtually every major city around the world.
We are currently looking for a CO-OP STUDENT for 2020 (Jan- April or Jan- September).
This is an 8 month work term position that provides students with the opportunity to experience working in a public accounting firm while working closely with experienced professionals. This individual must be in the process of completing a business degree.
Why work for us?
Catalyst is much more than just a place to work. It is a firm geared towards ensuring staff learns, work hard, but has fun at the same time. Catalyst employees attend various events throughout the year such as Catalyst Golf Tournament, After Tax Party, End of Summer BBQ, etc.
As a co-op student, you will join a general practice team and will participate in all aspects of client service. At Catalyst LLP you will have the opportunity to:
·Assist in preparing client accounting records, financial statements, corporate and personal income tax returns
·Draft and review financial statements
·Prepare T4s, T5s, GST and other compliance returns
·Prepare journal entries, individual and corporate tax returns
·Conduct research on professional and technical matters
The successful candidate:
·Strong desire and dedication to work and learn in a dynamic work environment
·Excellent communication and analytical skills
·Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
We thank all applicants for their interest in Catalyst, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Account Manager - Deadline - Oct 30/19 or until suitable candidate found|
Account Manager - Synergy Credit Union
Are you dedicated to financial health & wellness? Are you a passionate lender committed to working with our personal, agricultural and business members to offer them exceptional member service?
The Account Manager is a lending position that assists our members in seeking financing for life’s big purchases. Our goal is to deliver exceptional high-quality service in the areas of personal, commercial and agricultural lending. The majority of your portfolio will include business and agricultural members, and uncovering any lending needs they may have. You are also integral in obtaining new business for our Credit Union.
If building relationships with others, problem solving, and challenges interests you…..this dynamic lending career is what you’re looking for.
A typical day may look like:
- Interacting with our members, or potential members, to uncover lending needs & additional needs
- Discussing / issuing loans, mortgages, and promoting other financing options/services to move them forward in their personal life, their business, or on the farm
- Promoting our Credit Union within our communities in a wide variety of ways, including: support for business development activities, volunteerism, phone calls, emails, and participation in campaigns
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are infectiously positive! Your passion to connect with members in person, by telephone or electronically, comes easy to you. You have the ability to promote our products and services with ease.
- You enjoy collecting information from our members, understanding their story, then balancing their story with the framework within which we work (i.e. legislative requirements, policy, and procedure)
- Are a hungry learner, you stay ahead of trend when it comes to financial products, financial services, and technology. You are adaptable! You seek to bring the best the industry has to offer our members.
If it sounds like we expect a lot – we do! We’ve created a member-passionate workplace with an extraordinary culture.
- A High School Diploma, and 1 – 3 years of related experience in a financial services setting or other sales-oriented roles may be considered. Work experience and/or education in the areas of business &/or agriculture would be considered assets
- An understanding of lending requirements is an asset
- A solid working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Skype, with preference given to those with experience in customer management software
Location: Lloydminster or any of our other 9 locations
Hours: Full-time - 37.5 hours weekly
Salary range: $41,000 - $69,000/annually. The Account Manager position has various levels (trainee, 1, 2 or 3). Placement within these levels is dependent on lending experience &/or education.
Note: You may assist other branch locations, therefore access to reliable transportation and willingness to support other teams is required.
To apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest, we will only contact those under consideration. If you are successful for this role, you will undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer