Business Job Postings
Note Lakeland College is not responsible for verifying all information provided by employers. The onus is on a student to check out each opportunity thoroughly before agreeing to the work or signing contracts of employment.
Want to check out an employer's reputation? Go to our online employment resources page, check the last drop down for research companies and use the links.
|Real Estate Specialist - Deadline - May 6/20|
An exciting opportunity exists for a customer service oriented professional with exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills with a strong background in real estate experience to join the Invest Medicine Hat (IMH) team as a Real Estate Specialist (RES). If you are self-directed and enjoy building relationships with land developers and builders, the prospect of working with other city departments to satisfy the City’s real estate goals and possess a flexible, adaptable approach to your work, this role could be for you.
The RES directly supports the IMH mandate by encompassing a wide scope of real estate services and responsibilities within the Land Development & Real Estate section of IMH. Operating within a small organizational unit, the RES duties include customer relations and marketing, property acquisitions and sales, due diligence, negotiations, contract and lease administration as well as internal consulting and planning.
IMH serves as a uniquely branded, key component of the City’s strategy to facilitate economic vitality and community vibrancy. Through a comprehensive and multi-faceted approach to economic development, marketing, and communications, IMH serves to promote a well-governed community of choice and instill confidence in both residents and investors. By capitalizing on the City’s “open-for-business” reputation and leveraging considerable real estate holdings, IMH strives to contribute to a healthy economic environment and facilitate the transformation of opportunities generated into actual investment in the community.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in real estate management, commerce, marketing, business administration or related field;
- Additional specializations in real estate (e.g. appraisal, assessment, land development) or licensing as a residential or commercial real estate broker is an asset;
- Five (5) years of related real estate experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to foster effective working relationships;
- Well-developed negotiation skills;
- Ability to develop compelling written material;
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through;
- Flexible and collaborative approach
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which
provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
We welcome applications until May 6, 2020.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Financial Controller - Deadline - May 15/20 or until suitable applicant found|
Spectrum Restoration DKI is currently looking for a Financial Controller. This position plays a key role in day-to-day financial and operational accounting functions while also contributing to long-term strategic decision-making processes that affect the company’s profitability. It works closely with senior management and the owners to regularly analyze and develop opportunities for business improvement and to assess and act on growth opportunities.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
● Leading and directing accounting staff to accuracy and compliance success
● Ensuring a strong control environment
● Ensuring policies and procedures are in place and followed to allow the company to operate efficiently and mitigate risk
● Liaising with external accountants, banks and other stakeholders as required
● Distributing accurate and timely financial reports
● Managing preparation of resources for year-end activities
● Overseeing audits (internal and external)
Forecast & Corrective duties:
● Managing annual financial forecast, in conjunction with senior management
● Providing job costing and cashflow projections to senior management
● Working with senior management to identify root causes for deviations from targeted financial and operational metrics, and develop corrective actions
● Performing specialized financial and/or cost analysis
Business improvement duties:
● Leading the design and implementation of cost accounting and reporting systems, including development of related forms, documents and processes
● Providing recommendations for chart of accounts changes and implement approved ones
● Reviewing internal controls for information accuracy – recommend and lead approved changes
● Working with senior management to develop KPIs● Working with functional staff to deploy KPIs, report and analyze variances
● Valid CPA designation
● Minimum of 3 years of Controller experience within the construction / restoration industry
● Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
● Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software
● High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
● Strong ability to budget and forecast
● Experience with all aspects of accounting
● Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
● Strong work ethic and communication skills
● Excellent leadership, teamwork and team building skills.
● Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of personalities
● Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information.
● Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
● Willingness to continue education by attending courses, reading journals and/or online studies.
● Attend and conduct presentations
● Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
● Able to sit for extended periods of time.
● Overtime as required.
Reference ID: 20-04-FC when applying
|Appraiser - Deadline - May 25/20|
Company:Red Deer Appraisals
Application Deadline: May 25, 2020
(Students from the Business - Real Estate Appraisal and Assessment Major program are encouraged to apply)
Job Location:Red Deer, AB
Name:Dana Carroll, Owner / Senior Appraiser
Address:146 Sutherland Close, Red Deer, Alberta T4R0L5
Red Deer Appraisals Ltd. is seeking a residential appraiser for the City of Red Deer and central Alberta area. We are looking for driven individuals with excellent computer skills and strong care to detail. CRA designation ideal but willing to teach the right candidate member.
Job Start Date:June 1, 2020
Application Requirements: Resume, Cover Letter and References
How to Apply: Email
|Entry Level Insurance Broker - Deadline - Apr 24/20|
Job Title: Entry Level Insurance Broker Position type
Application deadline: April 24, 2020
Have you ever thought about a career in Insurance after graduation?
Are you the type of person, who smiles when they greet a customer, or says hello and welcomes the ones you already know? Do you intuitively ask and check to ensure the customer has what they need? Do you ask and understand what might be important to the customer and feel an obligation to ask and ensure the customer understands choices or options? Are you the type of person that follows up, makes notes, feels a sense of service to the customer and ensures what was promised is delivered on time and correctly?
Are you the type of person that knows that doing a job well is a journey and you want to convey information to the customer in an effective manner?
Mostly are you the type of person that understands and cares about the customer as well as the value of how insurance makes a real difference in people's lives?
If you were nodding to some of these questions, a career in the insurance field may be a really good long term fit for you!
Insurance involves more than filling out paperwork. Insurance is peace of mind. It is knowing that if something were to happen to your car, home, possessions, you are protected. In fact, insurance is all around us and touches virtually everything we do in life and in business! To ensure our customers get the best options and services available, we are looking for new business graduates who enjoy helping and servicing others, and who enjoy solving problems in an entrepreneurial and dynamic workplace.
HUB International is offering this rare opportunity to enter this global and growing industry and will even assist you in obtaining your Level 1 General Insurance License. You will proactively build relationships, approaching your clients with both integrity and a service mindset. As a highly detailed and service-oriented person, you make sure all the needed documentation has all the i's dotted and t's crossed and clients feel understood and their insurance needs are expertly taken care of.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction. By joining HUB, you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for learning, development, growth as well as advancement.
As such we are actively recruiting a motivated and talented individual for the position of Entry Level Insurance Broker in our esteemed client's office.
HUB International (www.hubinternational.com) is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada. The company is the largest broker of insurance products in Canada and our client's dynamic team of insurance professionals provides insurance solutions for all types of business, government, and other organizations and continues to grow and expand its footprint across North America and beyond. Our client's dynamic organization prides itself with a winning employee culture and has had tremendous success through its people, and is led by a strong and experienced senior management team with strong financial performance. The company offers a great benefits program and compensation plan and rewards top performers.
• Competitive market salaries, bonus, RRSP match, medical/dental benefits, paid vacation
• Employer paid education and training programs, professional development and insurance courses
• Flexible work hours
• Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
• Build relationships with clients, colleagues to grow your professional network
• Proactively and creatively offer solutions using a diverse selection of ICBC and private insurance products while achieving performance targets
• Process a wide variety of auto insurance transactions including renewals, new plates, transfers, cancellations, debt payments and more
• Develop new business by cross selling and making referrals to both personal and commercial insurance lines
How to apply:
Please send your resume, transcript, and cover letter quoting job: “Entry Level Insurance Broker” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliff Tang, Principal
Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search
Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development
"Part of Your Team"
Lynn Valley Town Centre
1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3S9
Required Education & Personal Attributes:
• 1-2 year Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications Certificate/Diploma
• Ability to write and pass the Level 1 exam within 30 - 60 days (employer sponsored)
• Thrive in a team environment and be happy to help co-workers find the answers!
• Positive, can do attitude!
Nice to Have's:
• Prior insurance industry experience
• 1 year of related customer service, retail, co-op education, or sales experience
Ideal Personal Attributes:
Client Focused: The client's satisfaction is the key priority and the candidate seeks ways to add value.
Clear Communicator: The candidate has the capacity to listen, write and speak so that others understand. In addition, they have a sense of social intelligence.
Goal Driven: The candidate can set goals and achieve them through personal commitment.
Takes Initiative: Acts to avoid potential problems and/or maximizes potential opportunities. Finishes what they start.
Team Player: Works with fellow employees to achieve the shared goal of providing the best in customer service.
Has Integrity: Is true and honest with self and others and accepts responsibility for their mistakes.
Multi-Tasker: Completes work efficiently and accurately with minimum stress.
Persuasive: Ability to influence new and existing clients that our products and services are right for them.
Cognitive Ability: The candidate has logical reasoning and can interpret information quickly and accurately.
• You take pride in your client care, communication skills, and your ability to build strong relationships
• Your excellent time management skills and attention to detail allow you to multi-task with ease which allows you to prioritize what needs to get done
• You want an opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge within the industry and desire future career growth
• Customer service aptitude and experience
Factors for Success:
• Ability to write and pass the Level 1 exam within 30 - 60 days (employer sponsored)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment and handle high volumes of transactions
|Jr Administrative Assistant - Deadline - Apr 30/20 or until suitable candidate found|
Junior Administrative Assistant (Exciting opportunity with great variety)
Pleasant Solutions - Edmonton, AB
Not your everyday junior administrative assistant position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work in an environment where every month is different and where administration support is considered one of the most important teams for managing company growth.
- Full time and permanent.
- Time of Day: flexible, you can start at 7am, 8am, or 9:30am each day, so long as you are here 8 hours of work plus your lunch time (eg: 8 - 4:30 pm, or a bit shorter if you use your breaks as your lunch time)
- A great variety in job tasks, every day is a bit different and new!
- General administration to support the team
- Computer internet research
- Filing and data entry
- Answering of phone lines (no outgoing sales calls), taking messages
- Helping organize social events
- Restocking office supplies (shopping runs)
- Office cleanup such as loading dishwasher, disinfecting the kitchen, etc.
- Occasional minor physical duties such as re-arranging or setting up furniture
- Occasional personal assistant duties for 2 managers (shopping runs, pickup dry cleaning, driving to meetings, taking notes, etc.)
- Deliveries to clients or pick-ups
- Inventory control
- Opportunity for advancement and job evolution into a variety of potential positions.
- Genuine appreciation for helping support the team.
- Flexibility in work duties
- Great communication skills
- A "pleasant" personality
- Reasonable computer skills
- For security, a thorough police records check will be required.
- Driver's license and a car to use at least 2 days per week.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- A habit of smiling frequently.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, electronics manufacturing, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers site.
Pleasant Solutions would really appreciate your business or institution to post for all to see.
Reminder: only way to apply is online through the hiring website at http://careers.pleasantsolutions.com
Once Pleasant Solutions reviews the applications, only potential candidates will be contacted to take a quiz and possibly come for a job interview.